36 Best Self Development Books
After I entered the house, I looked over my bookshelf and noticed the amount of Self Development books I collected. After browsing through them, I noticed that there were a variety of subjected that related to Self Development.
There were self development books on how to better your relationships, how to improve your marketing skills, and much more. The list of book topics continued on and I couldn’t believe I never noticed how many categories were based solely on improving your life.
Everyone have their strengths and their weaknesses. For instance, some people find happiness to be an emotional state easy to acquire, but have major difficulties becoming financially independent.
And there’s people who know how to turn pennies into dollars, but can’t understand the basic functions of a smile. (And it sucks when you can’t even buy it.)
When embarking towards a life of self development and becoming the best person you want to be, it isn’t meant to be mastered within a day, week, or month. It’s meant to have time invested into it along with a persistent attitude to reach the designations you aimed for.
You work on each area you’re struggling with and once you become a master over it, move onto the next subject.
That’s why when people go to seminars for Personal Development, they find over a dozen motivational speakers sponsoring it, willing to share their knowledge with the world. At first, I didn’t understand why there were so many motivational speakers at a seminar, but that day I realized the major benefits from it.
I originally thought we only needed one person who was willing to share his or her motivational insights with the crowds. (And man was I wrong.)
Despite the variety of successful people in the world, not everyone is meant to be followed by the entire crowd. This Country will always have people only willing to follow Republicans such as how you will have your loyal Democrats and Independents.
People who can’t relate to another person’s struggles will fail to truly understand the emotional struggles they suffered from. A poor man can’t describe the struggles of financially climbing out of the ghetto when he’s speaking to someone who’s been wealthy their entire life.
Instead, they have to find a niche that pertains to them so they could develop an emotional bond with that mentor or speaker.
A stock broker isn’t going to further their self development progress by following a mentor who only relates to sport experiences. Instead, they would want to follow someone like Elon Musk, Reed Hastings, or Carl Icahn.
Yes, people in business might pick up a point or two when a sport athlete speaks about their past experiences. But for the most part, it’ll be nearly impossible to apply all their techniques when it relates to business strategies and struggles.
Anyone who works in business best choice is to stick with someone who faced the same difficulties so they could apply their methods to overcome those future barriers.
Warren Buffet likes to tell people that humans are wired to learn from their mistakes. But try to learn from your own mistakes as little as possible. Instead, learn from other people mistakes and know what you shouldn’t do.
Self development books exist in about every category you could imagine because everyone dealt with different struggles, the problems they faced, and how they accomplished their dreams.What one person’s version of happiness might not be another. How one person overcame depression might not work with someone else.
As I dug through my books, I decided to create a list of self development books that might interest you. In this list, I separated the self development books into categories to make it easier for you.
For those who wish to start their Self Development course in Business and Money, here are 12 Self Development books listed below:
- The Art of Strategy: A Game Theorist’s Guide to Success in Business and Life by Avinash K. Dixit, Barry Nalebuff
- The Enneagram in Love and Work: Understanding Your Intimate and Business Relationships by Helen Palmer
- Form a Partnership: The Complete Legal Guide by Dennis Clifford, Ralph Warner, Ralph E. Warner
- The Total Money Makeover Workbook: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey, Thomas Nelson
- Necessary Endings: The Employees, Businesses, and Relationships That All of Us Have to Give Up in Order to Move Forward by Henry Cloud
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective people: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Money: Master the Game by Tony Robbins
- The Four Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich byTimothy Ferriss
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
For those who wish who start their Self Development Course in finding Success and Happiness, here are 12 Self Development books listed below:
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrnes
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams by Deepak Chopra
- The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt
- The Art of Happiness by The Dalai Lama
- Authentic Happiness by Martin E.P. Seligman, Ph.D.
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- Delivering Happiness: A Path t Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh
- 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works by Dan Harris
- Happiness in a Nutshell by Andrew Matthews
- Love 2.0: Finding Happiness and Health in Moments of Connection by Barbara Fredrickson
- As You Think By James Allen
- Talent is Overrated By Geoff Colvin
For those Who wish to start their Self Development Course in finding Self-Discipline and Mastery, here are 12 Self Development books listed below:
- Getting It Done: The Transforming Power of Self-Discipline
- A Guide to Rational Living by Albert Ellis
- The Skinny on Willpower: How to Develop Self Discipline by Jim Randel
- Unleash the Warrior Within: Develop the Focus, Discipline, Confidence, and Courage You Need to Achieve Unlimited Goals by Richard J. Machowicz
- No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline by Brian Tracy
- Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen
- A Programmed Course in Self-Discipline by Joseph Strayhorn
- Unlimited Power: The New Science of Personal Achievement by Tony Robbins
- Awaken The Giant Within by Tony Robbins
- Self-Knowledge and Self-Discipline by Basil William
- Discipline That Develops Self-Discipline by Madeline Hunter
- Making Good Habits, Breaking Bad Habits: 14 New Behaviors That Will Energize Your Life by Joyce Meyer