25 Quotes about letting go
Anger, bitterness, and depression are the emotions we experience when we have a hard time releasing our feelings. Rather than giving a topic explaining how to break this barrier, I decided to lay down 25 quotes about letting go. Maybe you’re angry at your spouse for the actions they previously taken. Maybe you’re currently going through a breakup or your partner did something to hurt your feelings.
Quotes about letting go was an interest we decided to look into the other day because it’s something we could all relate too. There could be dozen of reasons why you’re having a difficult time of letting go of the past and you feel it sinking your emotions into a black pit. But holding onto resentment will only make you suffer in the long run.
As humans, we tend to enjoy our hateful feelings of knowing what someone did to us. It gives us a reminder that we shouldn’t trust people and we grow a sense of revenge to make someone pay for their sins. But it’s important to know that those who wronged you will eventually be dealt with, and all you need to do is learn how to forgive and forget.
Keeping rage inside your heart will only create a wall in front of your true potentials. When we point most of our emotions towards the external forces that did us wrong, it mentally drains us from being unable to concentrate on our dreams. A while ago, I wrote a post about how to use quotes for personal development that explained how to use quotes as tools rather than just words.
Hopefully you find a quote in this list that lessens your burdens because these quotes are meant to have you see forgiveness from other people perspectives. It’s hard to move on when we have a sense of resentment or anger towards someone. But to hold such emotions would only harm ourselves, preventing us from moving onto greater things.
1. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.”– Deepak Chopra
2. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” -C. JoyBell C.
3. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” – Ann Landers
4. “There ain’t no way you can hold onto something that wants to go, you understand? You can only love what you got while you got it.” – Kate DiCamillo
5. “I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.” – Gayle Forman
6. “If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did. And accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go.” – Sarah Dessen, Dreamland
7. “There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this.” – Terry Pratchett
8. “Love is forgiving, accepting, moving on, embracing, and all encompassing. And if you’re not doing that for yourself, you cannot do that with anyone else.” – Steve Maraboli
9. “Don’t doubt yourself, that’s what haters are for.” – Turcois Ominek
10. “There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally.” – Miguel Ruiz
11. “Letting him go
There is a particular kind of suffering to be experienced when you love something greater than yourself. A tender sacrifice. Like the pained silence felt in the lost song of a mermaid; or the bent and broken feet of a dancing ballerina. It is in every considered step I am taking in the opposite direction of you.” – Lang Leav
12. “Your heart’s strength is measured by how hard it holds on. Your self worth and faith is measured by finally letting go. However, your peace is measured by how long you don’t look back.” – Shannon L. Alder
13. The mental and physical space we create by letting go of things that belong in our past gives us…the option to fill the space with something new. – Susan Fay West
14. Letting go helps us to to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress. – Melody Beattie
15. “Sometimes the strongest thing you will ever do will be to let go of someone. It will be painful, you will suffer guilt, and you will second-guess yourself, but for your own sanity and quality of life, there will come a time where you hand them to God, with your love, and trust Him to be who and what He is. May our Lord comfort you.” – Lee Goff
16. “To love everyone unconditionally does not mean to give everyone your unconditional time. Sometimes, to love completely, we must never see someone again. This, too, is love. This is giving someone the freedom to exist and be happy, even if it must be without you.” – Vironika Tugaleva
17. Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future. – Daphne Rose Kingma
18. There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go. – Jessica Hatchigan
19. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” – Ann Lander
20. “Learning to be a Life- Giving Mom without regrets requires embracing the season you are in. You have to let go of the past and live in the present as you lay hold of the future. At each transition you will likely shed some tears as you realize that you can’t go back and re-live the past. You must move forward, facing the imperfections of your present, hoping for the future.” – Sue Detweiler
21. “Let go of the battle. Breathe quietly and let it be. Let your body relax and your heart soften. Open to whatever you experience without fighting.” – Jack Kornfield
22. “When you see someone on top, look away and don’t try to bring him down, because he may someday help you reach the top.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
23. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.”– Robert Downey Jr.
24. “The moment after being let go, when we can finally let it go, is the moment when love once again has hope.”- Brian MacLearn
25. “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.” – Nelson Mandela