What is love in today’s modern age? We live in a society where some people continue searching for love as others seem comfortable with being alone. Recently, a book I went over was a personal favorite, The Art of Seduction, by Robert Greene. The first time I came across this book was during my visit to Florida a few years ago.
The Art of Seduction explains the natural chemistry that humans use to seduce one another. It goes about finding love, admiration, and becoming all a person thinks about. What really made this book stand out was the way Robert Greene described human behaviors towards romance.
Whether someone admits or not, everyone desire to be loved and cherished. Lustful arousal may be the initialization for many relationships, but lust is a flame that easily burns out.
Normal circumstances that starts a lustful relationship is either sex or receiving a “prize” someone soared for. Unlike lust, love is a light bulb that remains lit and won’t be blown out from the wind.
Though a majority of people assumed their looks or lack of income is the reason for their empty love life, the book goes over a variety of effective methods to change people opinions about you.
Since the dawn of time, love continues to remain one of the most mysterious emotions we experience. We understand the basics because it’s simple, but it’s complicated to understand it’s nature.
Various studies and beliefs can’t agree to why humans necessarily need love in their lives, however something we can all agree with is that love is a deep, uncontrollable feeling that brings people together and create attachments.
Love creates tight bonds with families, lovers, and all living entities. Once we feel the fulfillment of a relationship, it fills us with emotional highs and a healthy mentality.
So rather than asking yourself, “What is love,” go over these 30 quotes about love that shows different people opinions. Hopefully, by the end of this passage, you reach a clearer realization as to what love is.
What is love? 30 Quotes about love
1. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
2. “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”
― Sarah Dessen
3. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”
― William Shakespeare
4. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.”
― Jodi Picoult
5. “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”
― Anaïs Nin
6. “When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.”
― Jess C. Scott
7. “Just when you think it can’t get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can’t get any better, it can.”
― Nicholas Sparks
8. “Love is needing someone. Love is putting up with someone’s bad qualities because they somehow complete you.”
― Sarah Dessen
9. “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it–always.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
10. “I don’t trust people who don’t love themselves and tell me, ‘I love you.’ … There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.”
― Maya Angelou
11. “If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him or forget him.”
― Paulo Coelho
12. “It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them. ”
― Agatha Christie
13. “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.”
― Haruki Murakami
14. “Sometimes it’s a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence.”
― David Byrne
15. “They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don’t think it’s possible for you to miss me as much as I’m missing you right now”
― Edna St. Vincent Millay
16. “You can’t measure the mutual affection of two human beings by the number of words they exchange.”
― Milan Kundera
17. “Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby- awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess.”
― Lemony Snicket
18. “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.”
― Albert Einstein
19. “From childhood’s hour I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone.”
― Edgar Allan Poe
20. “sometimes you don’t need a goal in life, you don’t need to know the big picture. you just need to know what you’re going to do next!”
― Sophie Kinsella
21. “Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.”
― E.E. Cummings
22. “About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.”
― Rita Mae Brown
23. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved — loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.”
― Victor Hugo
24. “To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already 3-parts dead.”
― Bertrand Russell
25. “It’s funny how you can forget everything except people loving you. Maybe that’s why humans find it so hard getting over love affairs. It’s not the pain they’re getting over, it’s the love.”
― Melina Marchetta
26. “Each relationship between two persons is absolutely unique. That is why you cannot love two people the same. It simply is not possible. You love each person differently because of who they are and the uniqueness that they draw out of you.”
― Wm. Paul Young
27. “It’s not that you should never love something so much that it can control you.
It’s that you need to love something that much so you can never be controlled.
It’s not a weakness.
It’s your best strength.”
― Patrick Ness
28. “Love is the strangest, most illogical thing in the world.”
― Jennifer E. Smith
29. “Love is being honest with yourself at all times
being honest with the other person at all times
telling, listening, respecting the truth
and never pretending
Love is the source of reality”
― Susan Polis Schutz
30. “When you forgive, you love. And when you love, God’s light shines upon you.”
― Jon Krakauer
If you’d like a further understanding on love, a personal recommendation would be